Wednesday, May 6, 2009
My 1st Award
Thank you to Monica for my first blogger award (Preemio Blogger Award). I know that these things float around from blog to blog, so I know it sounds funny but I'm touched that she would pass one on to me. It makes me feel a part of the blogging community. With this I am supposed to tell you 7 things that you may not already know about me. So here it goes:
1. I feel physically uncomfortable if I am not in the middle of a good book.
2. I watch Gone With The Wind every year and love it every time
3. I have never liked eating fresh oranges and avoid them at all costs
4. I hold the distinction of being the only person from my elementary school to go back and be a teacher there. They changed it to a middle school so I will always hold that honour
5. My husband and I delived rival newspapers in the same neighbourhood when we were kids
6. When I started teaching, my favorite grade was kindergarten and I never wanted anything higher than grade 4. This year my favortite class is a 7/8 split and I would love to teach middle school full time. (I would have laughed in your face if you had told me that 10 years ago)
7. My best friends are my husband and my mom. My mom and I live on opposite sides of the country and I feel 'off' if we don't talk every week.
Now, the 'Pay it Forward' part. I'd like to pass this along to a few people whose blogs I haven't seen this on yet:
Jill (who is not a 'foodie' but a quilter and a good friend)
Anna a friend of mine who was the first person I knew that posted her recipes online (and gave me the idea)
Melissa of Schweet 'N Savory
Vanessa of Mommy Gourmet
Lara of Recipe Shoebox