Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sex in a Pan


Okay this picture does not do this dish justice at all! It all started with an innocent work potluck lunch. Anne signed up for salad and wrote 'the Salad of Love', the next teacher to write her dish on the list wrote 'the Salad of Lust', and jokingly I said, "I'll make Sex in a Pan to keep with the theme"...so I did.
One thing about making this dish (besides its incredible goodness) is that you need a lot of bowls to make it, so be prepared. I actually used the full amount here to spread over a large dessert pan and a small one. My husband and sons get tiffed if I make something yummy for work and not for them. But you can still use the full amount with just one large dessert pan.

2 cups graham cracker crumbs
4 tablespoons white sugar
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1 cup butter, melted
2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 cups powdered icing sugar
2 cups whipping cream
2 (3.9 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
3 cups milk
2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
3 cups milk
skor toffee pieces

Preheat oven to 325*. In a small bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs and white sugar. Add chopped pecans. Stir in melted butter or margarine until all ingredients are combined. Press mixture into a 9x13 inch pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool. Beat together cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth. Spread over cooled crust. Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Spread half of whipped cream over cream cheese layer. In a small bowl, whisk together chocolate pudding mix and 3 cups milk until smooth. Pour over whipped cream layer. In another small bowl, whisk together vanilla pudding mix and 3 cups milk. Pour over chocolate layer. Top with remaining whipped cream. Chill overnight. Sprinkle some skor toffee pieces right before serving.

Only a few days left to enter the Pay it Forward Giveaway!

23 comments:

Bunny said...

You've got some menu going on there at school!! HA HA!! I've heard of this dessert but never made it!

Carrie said...

This is right down my alley! I love these types of desserts! It looks fantastic!

Pam said...

With a name like that it HAS to be good.

Selba said...

Hahaha... What a funny title!

Yeah, the picture might not showing its best look but it sounds totally yummy :)

Heather S-G said...

Tee hee...cute :) And yes, very inviting!

Donna-FFW said...

OOOOHH!! This sounds unbelievably delicious. I have got to try this one.. my kids would love it!

Unknown said...

I've seen something like this before. It looks amazing!

Lissaloo said...

Sounds like a fun potluck!!! Great dessert :)

Monica H said...

I bet this was delicious! I like the title too! Have you ever had "better than sex" cake? I haven't, but it's worth a try ;-)

Chef E said...

I will confess I went to the post just before this even though I saw the title, I was good, but now I am ready to be bad, and eat this darn thing...

Anonymous said...

whoo, boy. That dessert has got me all worked up!

teresa said...

Oh wow, this looks awesome, adn I think the picture is great!

Coleens Recipes said...

"Sex in a Pan"? LOL, you got everyones attention I think.

Katy ~ said...

Kristen, this sounds like a fun dessert and delicious as well! When I next feed a crowd, I'll remember this one.

Lara said...

Hehe! I had turn off my Net Nanny to even see this post, due to the scandalous nature of the name. :) It looks like it was worth the effort! I'm drooling already.

Netts Nook said...

Sounds perfect to me.

Trish said...

Oh I simply love this dessert...and I admit...I am really not a fan of sweets at all! STill, if one is going to indulge...it aught to be in an extremely decadent way. This is soooo good! I vouch for it!

Melody said...

I love this recipe! My aunt used to make this at the holidays. A classic!

Rachel said...

Stopping by from Heidi's blog--this dessert looks DELICIOUS! It reminds me a lot of a recipe my Mom used to make, that I've been craving bigtime!

Anonymous said...

WOW This looks amazing!! Love the name ;) Thanks for the recipe!

Talita said...

I never heard about this dessert. I confess, I really think it's weird, but the pic looks so yummy...!

Creative Classroom Core said...

What a hillarious name for dessert! :)

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Ha, I know you didn't tell your little guys that this was sex in a pan (love that name btw)?

Every single time I bake something my children and honey ask who I'm making it for! I do bake alot to share but most of its for them yet they'll still complain that I give to much away.
~ingrid