Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sweet Potato Medallions


1 large sweet potato
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp herbs of your choice (I used oregano and thyme last night, but this also works well with rosemary, tarragon and mixed Italian seasoning)
salt and pepper to taste.

Heat oven to 425*. Mix olive oil, herbs and salt and pepper together in a dish. Set aside. Wash sweet potato well. Slice into many medallions. Put medallions into a large ziplock bag. Pour the oil and herb mixture into the bag. Close it up and shake well (until all the sweet potato slices are coated). Lay medallions onto a baking sheet and bake. Turn after 10 minutes. Continue to bake and flip every 10 minutes until cooked to your preference (soft to crispy) - about 30 minutes.

5 comments:

Coleens Recipes said...

What a great idea. I don't use sweet potatoes often enough. Thanks for the idea!!

Donna-FFW said...

Great idea.. what a perfect side dish..

Heidi said...

I have never used sweet potatoes. These look great. I think I could get my kids to eat these.

Anonymous said...

These look great - I love sweet potatoes and I'm always looking for new ways to use them. Can't wait to try these! Great site, btw!

SnoWhite said...

these look great!