Saturday, April 18, 2009

Fruit Smoothie


All smoothies have the same basic ingredients: yogurt, fruit, milk. I don't know why I don't make them more often, they are so easy. I made them today as I was looking for something yummy for breakfast that my husband (who just had his wisdom teeth out) could eat. The bonus discovery with this was realising that my youngest loves smoothies. I have such a difficult time getting him to eat fresh fruit that I was in shock watching him down this and ask for more. I'll have to start making them regularily. I have a friend who makes hers with spinach and other veggies hidden in so I'll have to start experimenting. This was the fruit version I made today.

5 yogurt cups, 4 vanilla and 1 peach (I used the Activia individual servings)
2 frozen bananas (I cut them into chunks)
1 cup of peach slices
1/4 can of orange juice concentrate
1/4 cup milk

Add all ingredients together into a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into glasses to enjoy. This made 2 large glasses plus 2 kid sized glasses.

4 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

AHHH, so this is the key of getting kids to have fruit in the AM. I will have to try this on mine. Thanks!

Coleens Recipes said...

This sound absolutely delicious. I have some very ripe bananas, I'll have to give them a quick freeze. Thanks for the post. I don't think I can get fresh peaches yet, did you use canned or fresh?

Kristen said...

Thanks for all the positive comments ladies! I used canned peaches. With smoothies you can use whatever you have on hand. I've used non-frozen bananas before. Strawberries are great in these too. I usually have some sore of frozen fruit on hand (usually berries) that can go in something like this.

Barbara Bakes said...

My son is getting his wisdom teeth out in May, so I loved this post! Thanks!