Monday, April 27, 2009

Be Careful What You Eat


So I've mentioned before that I have a pork intolerance (much to my Nana's disbelief, insisting that of course I could eat her pork chops - no, I can't Nana, really I can't). And I think it's getting worse. Yesterday we went for breakfast at a diner that we love, but hadn't been to in a while. I had my 2 eggs over easy, home cooked potatoes and raisin toast. Yummy right? Yes...until a few hours later. I was sick, very sick. So sick that if I didn't have to conduct in the music festival this week, I would have called a supply teacher in for me today. The culprit? The potatoes were cooked in bacon grease. Yep, my tummy did not like that one at all. So for all of you foodies that cook some really nice looking pork dished out there, I will continue to admire them from afar and figure out if I could make it with chicken instead.

No comments: