Monday, April 27, 2009

All In One Chicken Dinner


This to me is home cooking. This is my childhood. This was a weekly traditional dish in my house, and it's darned easy. When I was a kid we called it Chicken in a Pot, but that title just doesn't seem kosher to print, so I changed the name.

1 whole chicken (rinsed and dried)
1 onion (chopped)
4 carrots (chopped into medalions)
4 potatoes (chopped into bite sized pieces)
1 tbsp margarine
salt & pepper to taste
dried sage to sprinkle on top

Spray a crockpot with non-stick spray. Coat the chicken with the margarine. Put it in the crockpot. Add the vegetables. Sprinkle everything with a little salt, pepper and sage. Cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 hours. It's that easy.

2 comments:

Sweet Cheeks said...

ohh, see I have always done this in a roasting pan, I bet it is WONDERFUL in a crock.

Dag...now I am hungry AGAIN.

Heather S-G said...

Love chicken in a pot...is this bad to say? My tummy is growling!