Saturday, June 27, 2009

Chicken Salad Wrap


This is one of my favorite easy things to make. I will make a bunch on a Sunday and have wraps ready for the week for lunches. Now that most supermarkets sell cooked rotisserie chickens for a reasonable cost, I'm finding they are a great way to get some delicious meat for recipes needing pre-cooked chicken. I'm putting this post in this week at Deb's Kahakai Kitchen for Souper Sunday (and Salad and Sammie Sunday too). Her blogroll will be up sometime tomorrow. Check it out for some good eats!

1 rotisserie chicken, chopped into chunks
1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
1/2 cup grated cheese (I use sharp cheddar)
2 generous spoonfuls of light mayo (to your liking)
salt and pepper to taste

Mix everything together in a medium mixing bowl. Scoop onto a wrap of your choice and roll and fold. They keep well if wrapped in saran wrap right away and kept refrigerated.

11 comments:

Katy ~ said...

Hmmm....sounds good. I have some turkey that I baked that needs lovin'. This will be perfect! Thanks!

chow and chatter said...

great lunch idea love it

Creative Classroom Core said...

We very often have wraps for dinner at our house - great to find another great recipe to try out! Thanks for sharing!

Monica H said...

I love chicken sala and pre makin gyour wraps for eating during the week is a great idea! I'm always in the run and usually end up making a PBandJ sandwich.

Coleens Recipes said...

We always eat light on Sunday evenings and this sounds perfect.

teresa said...

I love a creamy chicken salad for a wrap, it's so satisfying!

Lara said...

I make a dish just like this except with a caesar salad mix and my kids beg for it!

Trish said...

Yes indeed...healthy, 'doable' and yummy. Three ingredients for success. Looks scrumptious...I could do with one right now...a midnight snack...literally!

Donna-FFW said...

Simple, delisious. Love this wrap.

NKP said...

Looks delish! I could use one right about now..

Deb in Hawaii said...

I love a good wrap and this one looks delicious. Thanks for sending it to Souper Sundays. The round-up is now posted.

Aloha,

Deb