Sunday, November 9, 2008

Greek Salad



Usually I use Renee's brand Greek dressing for this, but I was out, so I made up my own dressing. Here it is:

1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup Greek seasoning mix
1 tbsp oregano
(I'd probably crumble feta into this too, about 1/4 cup)

Mix everything together well. Makes 1 cup of dressing.

The Salad:

1/2 English cucumber, chopped into 1/2 inch chunks
1 tomato (I prefer Roma, but any tomato will do), cut into 1/2 inch chunks
1/2 green pepper, cut into chunks
kalamata olives, as many as you like (I don't like these, but my husband does)
1/2 cup crumbled feta
2-3 tbsp finely chopped red onion

Mix everything together. Add dressing (drizzle enough for your likeing) just before serving (salad gets soggy if sitting in dressing for a long time).

No comments: