Here's the recipe:
23 graham crackers, crushed (my kids loved using the rolling pin for this-just put the crackers in a ziplock bag and smash away)
1/4 cup of margarine or butter, melted
Mix the two ingredients together in a bowl. Once well mixed, use the mixture to cover the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake at 325* for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 1 1/2 lbs cream cheese
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Beat cream cheese together (I did all the mixing in my Kitchen Aid)
- Add sugar and beat in slowly.
- Next add the eggs in one at a time. Make sure each is fully beaten in before adding another one.
- Next add flour, vanilla, and lemon juice and mix well.
- Add sour cream and beat in.
- Pour the mixture into the crust
- Place in the oven on the top rack for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Turn off oven, open the door ( just a crack) and leave cheesecake there for one hour.
- Place the cheesecake in the fridge for about 8 hours ( the more you wait the flavors will become better).