Saturday, April 28, 2012

Orange Julius - Pineapple Julius Copy Cat Recipes

As a kid, going to Orange Julius was a big treat.  So sweet and refreshing!  My favorite always was the Pineapple Julius, yum!  I recently found a copycat recipe for Orange Julius on Pinterest.  I didn't think it would be that difficult to adapt to make a pineapple version.  I was right.  This was very easy. 

Here's the Orange Julius recipe I found from the Budget Savy Diva
  • 6 oz. can frozen concentrated orange juice
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 8 or more ice cubes
  • 1 Tablespoon of Instant Vanilla Pudding Powder
Instructions
  1. Place all ingredients in a blender except for the ice cubes.
  2. Blend until mixed
  3. Add ice cubes one at a time – blend until smooth.
Here's my adapted, lightened up Pineapple Version:

1-2 cups fresh pineapple, chopped into chunks
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1/4 cup Splenda
1 tsp vanilla extract
8 or more ice cubes (I didn't have any ice, so I left these out, but I can see where they would make it even better)
1 Tbsp of Instant Vanilla Pudding Powder (I didn't have any on hand, so I used Butterscotch instead)

Place all ingredients in a blender, except for the ice cubes.  Blend until mixed.  Add ice cubes on at a time, blend until smooth.

1 comment:

Laurie@Copycat Recipes said...

It looks so good! It reminds me of a creamsicle in a glass. As a kid, I loved creamsicles, so I think I"d really enjoy this!