Emily Bites who found the frosting over at Gina's Skinny Recipes. If you haven't discovered their sites yet, they are well worth the look. Tasty recipes, all with the nutritional information and Weight Watchers Points Plus information on them. I had heard about the idea of using a cake mix and pop before, but I was skeptical. I decided the low points plus value (4) was worth the effort. I'm glad I did, they were yummy!
Diet Coke Cupcakes
1 box of cake mix
1 can of diet pop
2 egg whites
1. Preheat oven per directions on cake mix box
2. Line cupcake pan with 24 cupcake liners or use cooking spray to lightly coat 24 spots
3. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and beat together until thoroughly mixed. Pour mixture into cupcake liners.
4. Bake according to directions on cake mix box. Let cool completely before frosting.
Yields 24 servings. WW P+: 3 per serving
*for one more P+ you can push a Hershey's Kiss into each cupcake for an extra surprise :)
Cream Cheese Frosting
8 oz light cream cheese
1 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth
Yields 24 servings. WW P+: 1 per serving
They were a hit with my family, don't you think?