Saturday, February 19, 2011

A few Valentine's Pics


 It's a good thing that I took a picture of these sugar cookies when I did, they didn't last out the day!

Our Valentine's feast went well.  The salad was an avocado one that I don't think I'd make again.  It was slightly too oily.  I liked all the ingredients though (avocado, tomato, feta, corn), maybe next time I'd up the amount of lime juice and hold back a bit on the olive oil.  The steak I did in Montreal Steak Spice and fried it in the cast iron skillet with the onions.  It was perfect!.  The shrimp were cooked in garlic butter and also came out perfect (don't you like the hearts I made with the shrimp?)

The potatoes were the find of the evening.  I tossed them in a little olive oil with herbes de provence and roasted them for over an hour in a baking dish (turning occasionally).  So yummy!  We did follow up with strawberries in chocolate, but no picture for that.  Hope your V-Day feast was just as yummy!

No comments: